Do you want to feel 10 years younger?
Here is my most impactful daily hack that has significantly boosted my energy levels and is something every athlete should be doing.
There is a fascinating intersection between athletic performance and the world of biohacking. While Biohackers might have many different intentions (living longer, increasing focus, improving health) many of these same “hacks” can also increase your athletic performance and help you feel at least a few years younger!
The expert I follow in the area of anti-aging is Dr. David Sinclair from Harvard Medical School. I listen to almost all the podcasts that he is a guest on, and I would simplify his research and current thinking down to boosting your NAD+ levels is the single biggest thing you can do to reduce your cellular age.
Research shows that our NAD levels drop 90% from the time we are born until we are 90 years old. This has a direct correlation to aging - every cell in our body requires NAD to create energy. As an athlete, this is even more important and there is evidence to suggest that boosting NAD+ will also help increase your endurance.
Here is my triple-play for boosting your NAD+ Levels.
It is a simple routine and has been the single most impactful supplement stack I've done over the past 2 years for increased energy in training and being more productive at work.
💁♂️I've also put all 3 together in one bundle for easy access at a 10% discount
1) NMN Supplementation every day.
Dr. Sinclair views NMN as the most potent booster of NAD+ Levels, but until today it has been really hard to get it in a form that is bioavailable.
TODAY we are launching the purest and most bioavailable form of NMN on the market from Quicksilver called NAD + Gold. The Feed is the first to launch this product and I've been using it for the past 3 months while it was in development. I felt an immediate impact (even though the full benefits are from using it consistently over time). It provides both an energy boost as well as a slight neuro boost and I can really notice a difference on my ability to stay focused.
2) Resveratrol for accelerating the benefits of NMN.
Resveratrol is an extract from the skin of foods like grapes, blueberries etc.. You may recall the "hype" around this sometime ago concerning red wine. But for it to be really effective you need to take it as a supplement as food sources just have too low a level to be make a difference. What is really interesting is that resveratrol works hand in hand with NMN.
David describes resveratrol and NMN as critical for the activation of the sirtuin genes. Sirtuins play a key role in functions that help us to live longer – such as DNA repair.
He describes resveratrol as the “accelerator pedal” for the sirtuin genes (increasing their activation), and NMN as the fuel. Without “fuel”, resveratrol won’t work. The reason that resveratrol won’t work effectively without NMN, is that sirtuin activation requires youthful NAD levels, but by 50 years old, we have about half the level of NAD we had in our 20s.
The highest quality resveratrol supplement is Thorne Resveracel
👨⚕️Pro Tip: Dr. Sinclair's studies show that resveratrol absorption is 5x higher if you consume it with a little bit of fat. So some whole fat yogurt is an ideal complement to your morning routine.
3) NR as the insurance policy NAD+ Booster.
Up until today's launch of NAD+ Gold, Using NR (Nicotinamide Riboside) was the go to for boosting NAD+ Levels with a product called TruNiagen.
Dr. Sinclair is also a believer in NR, he just believes that NMN is more effective. But there is no downside in taking both NMN and NR as they are complementary approaches to increasing NAD+ Levels.
How to take it?
- Each morning take 2 pills of TruNiagen and Resveracel respectively
- Then take 2 to 4 Pumps of NAD+ Gold and hold it under your tongue for 60 seconds.
- Give yourself 4 to 6 weeks to feel the full effects of elevating your NAD+ levels, although I'm confident you will feel benefits earlier.
As I mentioned above, my experience has been profound. Focusing on boosting NAD+ levels is the single best thing I have done to have more energy, better focus, and to simply feel younger. In addition to increased daily energy levels, I've also noticed these 3 benefits:
- Eliminating Hangovers: I had a really hard time having a few glasses of wine or any alcohol and would always be getting a slight hangover, even-though my consumption was low. I noticed these slight hangovers completely disappeared after a few weeks of boosting my NAD+ levels.
- Pre-Workout Energy Levels: My afternoon energy slump (typically around 3 PM) is almost non-existent after boosting my NAD+ Levels. I've especially noticed that my ability to get to late afternoon or post-work training sessions has improved significantly.
- Appetite Suppressant when morning Fasting: I noticed that the Quicksilver NAD+ Gold is also a great appetite suppressant. Brandon at the office also noticed the same thing. So if you are intermittent fasting, this is a great supplement first thing in the morning to get rid of hunger pains until lunchtime.
💁♂️Bonus: To make it easier, I've put all 3 products in one bundle for you and you will save 10%.
Here's to feeling and living younger!